Friday, August 10, 2007

Show and Rain

Yo yo. So we played our first show in about a month tonight and it went pretty well, considering that it was outside in the pouring rain. The day started off with a long boring drive out to Long Island aka the arm pit of the world. I understand that there is an on going debate over whether New Jersey is a worse place than Long Island and in all honestly they are exactly the same. We played a show tonight with Joan Jett and Head Automatic at the NY Balloon Fesitval and let me tell you there were no balloons there. If you are a balloon fanatic than you would have had no fun here because I am pretty sure it is dangerous to take balloons out in shitty weather. We showed up at about 2pm for load in and it was awful out. I made my way to the stage to see what the situation was and I met a very friendly man with a mullet mohawk named BEEF. He told me that today was a bad day to be a "stage pirate", whatever that means. So I took that as my cue to go to our dressing room and start having some cocktails. I really thought that because the weather was so bad that it was going to be canceled but the rock show went on as planned. Other than the stage being more of a swimming pool than a stage, it went very very well. Most of the time when we play after being dormat it is always a mess but this was a really fun show. There were a couple hundered soaking wet people there to see us and the energy was great. Thank you too all who came out. Sorry about the weather, if i was god I would have changed it. Have a good weekend.

Buddy

4 comments:

Hobbit said...

Sounds like an interesting show, despite the bad conditions.

Caitlin Ramone said...

Oh jeez,me and my friend went to that show,and boy do we have a story for you haha.I'm not sure if you remember us,but we went to all your PA shows on the tour you just did...umm you might remember us from Pittsburgh,we asked you if you wanted to do an interview for our magazine,we gave you a ciggarette,yeah.But anyway now to the story.I'm going to make this very long story short.When we found out that you were playing in Long Island,we said that we were gonna go because its really not all that far,so we were worried about getting a ride there because we knew our cars wouldnt make it,so we made plans for my sister to bring us and for our friend to pick us up.But theres a catch our friend wasnt able to leave Scranton until 9:30 to pick us up,but we said whatever,we'll just go,how bad could it be.But we learned the hardway,since we left at 11:30 and didnt get to Balloon Fest until 4:30(all the traffic) we were pretty worried about how long we would have to wait for our ride,but we put that aside as soon as we got there.So once we got in the Balloon Fest and got to the stage we were scared that the show would be cancelled,espcially since we just drove about 5 hours and our ride wouldnt be there for about 9 more hours,and then we found out that you had to pay in advance to get into the seating section or whatever,so we were pissed that we were so far away from the stage.So we tried to make the best out of it,I mean what else could we do,we were stuck there haha,but then this lady comes up to us and asks if we want to buy 2 tickets for the 5th row for the price of one,but we told her that we only had 5 dollars and that we drove from PA and that this means so much to us,so she said that if she cant sell them that she would give them to us,but before she walked away we just begged her,told her how much this means to us,and she gave the tickets to us for free,so we were so happy we just gave her a hug and told her that we loved her haha.Then we basically ran into the seating area,we were just to excited.Anyway,fast forward,your performance was great,even though you couldnt hear you for the first half of your performance and the rain sucked.Mmmk,now to the interesting part.Reality set in once your set was over,we knew we were in deep shit considering that it was raining,we were soaking wet,and freezing cold and our ride didnt even leave yet.We asked the one guy that worked there what time the park closed,and he said 11,so then we thought we were fucked,and then we asked if there was anywhere that we could wait for a ride and he said that there was a Dunkin Doughnuts a few miles down the road and that we could wait there,so we thought about it and we decided to start walking.We ended up having to walk down this highway thing for about 45 minutes in the rain and this swamp like stuff.We got to Dunkin Doughnuts around 11 and our ride didnt show up until after 2 in the morning.We got home around 6 and were awake for about 24 hours.All in all it was one scary,funny,tiring,long day that we will never forget and would never do for any other band.Oh yeah,and heres something ironic,we got coffee at Dunkin Doughnuts and I looked at the reciet and the amount of change I got back was 1.87...weird,yeah I think so haha.Okay,so the story probably doesnt sound all that bad,but trust me I left a lot out and you just had to be there.
-Caitlin

Aj said...

I haven't been to one of your shows yet but there's one coming up on Nov 9th here in Az, and I'm excited <3 I know it's going to be full of posers and scene kids because that's how az kids roll haha, but I'm still excited. That night's going to mean a lot to me <3

Alexandra said...

You're probably not going to read this, but I love Senses Fail and have for many years now. Unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to see you guys live, but I swear to god I will, one day. I have to, there is no other choice. You should come to Sweden and play!